Since this whole class is optional, you can choose to participate (or not) whenever you wish.
However, if you choose to participate, we want to make clear our expectations for that participation.
Realize that you should have the book read before you read through the comments. Spoilers will likely appear in the conversations, so please do not be surprised or angry if this happens.
Bring reader questions and observations about the text. We will throw our own questions and observations out for you to consider, but your questions and observations are as important and necessary in this as ours.
Please abide by the Thumper Rule when interacting with others:
Back up what you’re asking or saying with quotes and page numbers so that we can all follow along.
Think about and share possible thematic text connections (classics, YA lit, picture books, poetry, non fiction texts, news stories, movies, YouTube videos). This will be especially helpful information for the teachers among us, but it’s good thinking for all of us.
Some additional housekeeping thoughts:
- Please try to respond to be careful about responding to comments – keep main threads together, but try not to get where it is so indented that no one can read what you’re posting!
- Also consider clicking “Notify me of follow-up comments via email.” when you post a comment. This will keep you informed of continued discussion without having to come back at random intervals to see if there is anything new.
- Consider introducing yourself briefly in your first post and including a link for your blog if you have one.
Lisa Schroeder is very excited that we’re discussing her book, so she has generously offered to give away a copy of I Heart You, You Haunt Me to two lucky winners! Thank you, Lisa! 😀
- US addresses only
- Winners will be chosen randomly through random.org
- Entries will be based on number of participators, not how much you participate (comment).
- The giveaway ends tomorrow (Friday, July 26th) at 10 pm EST.
- The winners will contacted via email.
The giveaway winners are the second and third participants (not including Sarah & Cindy), Andrea and BJ! Both participants have been emailed and will receive a copy of their book from Lisa Schroeder.